Please speak to the professional you are working with about their fee. Normally, payment is due at the end of each session and can be paid by personal cheque or cash.
Counselling and psychotherapy is covered by most private insurance plans. Please check with your health insurance provider regarding the details of your coverage. Receipts are issued at the time of payment and can be used to obtain a reimbursement from your insurance company for the services received. Obtaining reimbursement from an insurance company is a client's responsibility. When contacting your insurance company for details of your coverage, be sure to verify:
- That psychological (or social work) services are covered by your policy;
- Who is covered;
- If the insurer pays a set amount per visit, a portion of the fee per visit, or a total amount independent of sessions;
- If session length is an issue;
- If you need a physician’s referral;
- Procedure is for reimbursement.
Please note that a charge will be applied if an appointment is missed or cancelled without 24 hours advance notice. This charge is not normally covered by insurance policies.